Quest for Clarity

Making sense of life, the Universe and Myself.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Dilemmation time



Ok, what to do with my life right now? Confusion reigns.
I don't think I am actually a human being any more. Nothing seems to fit right. Maybe this is like being the pupae. (Metamorphosise).
Not a very comfortable state. Maybe way too much coffee? That is usually the problem. But then I do have an imaginaton and hands and feel compelled to use them both.
Idle hands, I must add. The Devil's Workshop here. Mwah hah hah.
I gave a drawing to some guy for his birthday. I liked it and hoped it would bring some peace with it. It took a lot of peaceful time to create it.
The guy's son says"Gee, you must have a lot of time on your hands!"
Yup. I have all the time I need to do what I want.
(Glad it was just a copy. Still.)

I guess the title "Quest for Clarity" indicates that clarity is sought but not-yet-found.
(Actually, clarity is often found for oh-too-brief moments and then takes flight for parts-as-yet-unknown.
Thus the quest for clarity is a journey and not a destination.
Problem-solving-r-us.

You know I could just stuff this incubation impulse and Do Something Useful. But that would be silly, wouldn't it?

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, May 8, 2006 at 6:36:00 PM EDT, Blogger John Otter said…

    wow - we're on the same road right now, questions, confusion, etc. I'm trying to enjoy it. Its easier knowing you're not the only one confused.

     
  • At Tuesday, May 9, 2006 at 6:26:00 PM EDT, Blogger jean said…

    Yeah, plus we got a new roommate, which is interesting to me so it cuts into my introspection/art/journaling/music-listening/ and hopping-around-being-weird time, which I deeply need.
    Dude is new, so I am not sure how "myself" to be. How much is appropriate? (I can be scary, I imagine.....)
    Sheesh...

     
  • At Monday, June 12, 2006 at 12:56:00 PM EDT, Blogger Marit Cooper said…

    I'd love to spend some time in your company I'm sure. You're so creative, so talented. Sounds to me like there's a wopping big butterfly wanting to emerge, go on, stun the world!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home