Quest for Clarity

Making sense of life, the Universe and Myself.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Treasure



To my mind, "laying up treasure in the kingdom of heaven" is synonymous with the practice of
Self-development.
You know how they say "You can't take it with you"? Well, I am very sure you can take it with you if you've made it part of who you are.
If for instance you are, oh say, abducted by aliens (:-D) or kidnapped by terrorists(;-o) or someone puts a weird drug in your drink or if you actually find yourself dead and in another world , your bank account or fancy car aren't going to do you much good.
But the spiritual and mental resources you have made a part of your being by study and practice will go with you anywhere. And I believe the best area for study is your own Self. The kingdom of heaven is within.
I use examples from Jesus' teachings because they are familiar in our culture. Not because I am affiliated with any religion. (:-c)
I guess what I am saying is a person needs to pay attention to their own self and not to the outside world.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home