Quest for Clarity

Making sense of life, the Universe and Myself.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Ferdinand

"Ferdinand the Bull" by Munro Leaf was one of my favorite books when I was a kid. I had total resonance with his position. I, too, prefer a quiet, contemplative approach to life. I like fooling around, but only as a little frolic, not combat practice.
I don't think sex or violence should be repressed or made taboo. Then they seem to gain power and eventually blow up all out of proportion.
I think to play at them is healthy. It lets off steam and puts things in proper perspective. We may have brutish components in our composition but they can be sources of fun rather than sources of pain or disharmony. Humans have multifacers and dimensions. No sense getting stuck in a limiting ones.
(Say, if you want to read the story of Ferdinand, click on the highlighted link at the top of the post. When you get to the page, which is bright red, click on the little picture of the bull on the right to go forward in the book.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home