Quest for Clarity

Making sense of life, the Universe and Myself.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Cinematherapy

It may just seem like I'm laying around watching movies, but it is actually cinematherapy.
I have really been enjoying my 'Netflix" membership. Watching movies has helped me deal with painful issues in my life and to be kinder to myself. I was having guilt trips and while the larger part of myself Knew better, there was part of me that needed reassuring.
Thanks to Larry David of "Curb Your Enthusiasm", the writers and crew of "Six Feet Under" , Tod Solondz, writer and director of Palindromes and Welcome To the Dollhouse.
I was transformed by David Blaine's "Fearless", amused and bemused by "The Aristocrats" , revivified by "Pleasantville.
One of the most important thing I am getting out of this regimen is the sense that it is OK to be myself and do what I love and express my point of view without being vilified or punished for it. That alone has been a life saver for me. Literally.
I gotta say thank God for the film industry. It is one of the blessings of living in this age of miracles and wonders.

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, February 7, 2006 at 5:27:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jean, Glad you liked Curb Your Enthusiasm! That whole season that I loaned you guys, #3, is the best of the series. My favorite episode is the one where Larry's mother dies...and his dad doesn't tell him. I know all the episodes by heart. Larry David says all the impolite things we all think but never say...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home