Quest for Clarity

Making sense of life, the Universe and Myself.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

More than a mother to me.



Parenting is a role; and a pretty thankless one at times I must say.
Thank goodness a person is much more than a role.
A persons own Self is fascinating and satisfying to me. Where they've been and what lives inside them. Themes.Patterns. Magical Events. Mysterious, intricate, deeply woven into the fabric of life.
As far back as I can remember I have loved this person, not because she is my mother but because, oh, she would sing phrases from popular songs at the drop of a hat, tell funny stories, talk to me like I was a real person and not a kid, sometimes, and hang out with her friends and play Scrabble and laugh it up.
She devours murder mysteries, loves to swim, does crossword puzzles, has a wicked sense of humor, has great stories about her childhood, adolescence ,working years and early parenting. I have seen her in a variety of roles and occasionally without a mask.
She takes a great interest in the world around her. (Especially gruesome stuff!) Has unique opinions and curiosities and history.
There is more to her than meets the eye. She is not just a cute 85 year old.
Was the first person I loved. Is a real person that I like to know now.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home